Thursday 27 March 2008

What's The First Thing You Did in Patch 2.4

TiceNits took the day off work and was online at 12:56GMT. I was stuck at work till 17:00 and then had my kid till 19:00GMT so TiceNits had a 6 hour patch 2.4 lead.

She had taken TiceNits and her alt hunter through all the current dailies and run Magisters Terrace on both characters and also done most of the Netherwing dailies.

So what was the first thing I did when I got HolyWarrior online?

  1. Logoff
  2. Enable out of date addons
  3. Login
  4. Logout
  5. Disable Focus Frame
  6. Login
  7. Logout
  8. Disable Gatherer
  9. Login
  10. Curse Loudly and wonder how many times this is going to happen
  11. Logout
  12. Disable Recount
  13. Login
  14. Accept Raid Invite
  15. Accept Summon to Gruul's Lair
YEP - Gruul's Lair. After sorting out addons* I spent the first evening of patch 2.4 in Gruul's Lair. Two one shots admittedly - but still Gruul's Lair.

While we were there a GM replied to my ticket on chat channels being screwewd and I noticed the new icon to counter spoofing message from GM's.

Afterwards I popped up to Elemental Plateau and the Water area was empty and there were 5/6 pools of Pure Water - woot! Then off to do the new Sunwell dailies.

TiceNits on the other hand discovered how to put raid icons into chat! haha!

So what was the first thing YOU did when you logged onto patch 2.4?

*OK, I didn't sort addons out, I just disabled the ones that gave errors. Omen didn't error; it just stayed blank. I couldn't download updates because www.curse.com crashed.

3 comments:

Alex - aka Firelight said...

Dont you just love it when curse gives up on patch days! LOL!

I did something similar, but one of our guildies had put up a nice list of required addons and where to download them from so i downloaded/installed them then logged enabled out of date addons and away we go.

I need to update quite a bit of the addons still but I'll do that at the weekend.

After I logged i crafted my new mace, got it enchanted then went up to the sunwell and had a nose around then went to Mount Hyjal!

Ardent Defender said...

I haven't played much since 2.4 I'm busy working at nights.

First day though I just logged on, logged off, logged on, logged off, download update addon.

Then flew to the new zone. Did one 2 quests then that's about it. That's as much as I've played for 2.4 so far. As for this weekend. My goal is just to focus on getting my 100 badges, which need to grind out 31 for when phase 3 of the unlock of the new zone happen. Once that's done I can do all the new zone stuff.

Unknown said...

Well.. after I got excited about the patch..

Started got to the end of the patch notes and it said to delete your WTF file and Addon Directory I got a bit bummed.

Had just got a great set up and didnt want to lose what got me to level 70 on Monday.

So I copied over everything and saved it.

Went to wowinterface.com and downloaded a compilation Daige UI (2.4). Its okay but I just checked and they have a lot more for me to check out.

I had had some serious Frame Rate issues as low as 1 FPS in Shatt prior.. Was kinda excited to be getting up to 16 in Shatt after the patch and new Mod load.

THEN>>>>> I Flew to the new zone..

Every bloddy level 70 on my server was there I think.. They were crawling all over me. I messed around a bit .. then found the guy on the boat with the hat that looked like a ? and advertised a PORTAL to Shatt.. and got ONE TAKER.. and left.. The dude at the pier that I came in on said I didnt know a FP from there.. So how do you get back from the place ?


Well that was about it.. Then leveled up my Tailoring to 374 I think and spend a lot of G at AH gettting new Gear.

Holywarrior your posts on Tailoring is what brought me to your blog.. Good Stuff... I am about to go through the grind to do my SpellFire set.. for my Fire/Arcane Magi..

Later..Come see me on Windrunner - US.. Andrin..