Sunday 9 March 2008

Steamvaults

With Shadow Lab under our belts and less than 2 bars of XP to go before level 70 we really wanted to get the Steamvaults Key Fragment before the afternoon raid.

TiceNits and I got a guild level 67 tank and some DPS lined up for the quick run and hung around forever for the guild alt shammie. The DPS got bored and went into a heroic so we gave up on him and then shammy took the tanks brother (a level 70 mage) and HolyWarrior instead.

We had a pretty awful start with a badly timed fear throwing the tank out of HW's cleanse range and got a nice Bog Lord come chew on us on top of the 2 Naga we already had.

EvilBastard was tasked with seducing mobs on several pulls and that was interesting. Seduce mob, alt-tab to HW and throw out some heals. Guess when seduce is about to run out and alt-tab back to EvilBastard and re-seduce, target tanks target and start a shadownbolt, alt-tab, heal heal heal, alt-tab, re-seduce, bang bang, alt-tab, heal heal heal. A bit manic, but no-one died.

Then we had another 2 wipes on bad pulls of elementals and EvilBastard hadn't put SS up. DOH!

We decide to skip them but TiceNits falls off a rock and her pet runs around the rock to catch up with her and pulls some Naga - Wipe. No SS - DOH!

With only 9 people signed up for this afternoons raid and NicePallyClassLeader the raid leader and many healers unable to go anyway, the raid is cancelled so we decide to go for a full run rather than just the key fragment.

We go and get the Kara Key Fragment and then decide that it'll increase DPS if if I'm not dual-boxing. I say I'd prefer if we can get a healer and leave EvilBastard in the group and we manage to get a guild-alt Dwarf Priest.

So off to Hydromancer Thespia and I have to banish one of the elementals and keep it banished. Hmmm, I had never been called to seduce targets in a group before and I have never been asked to banish either! So pull happens, I banish, we fight, Banish expires and I re-banish, 3 times! I can't remember the name of the addon, I think it's FocusFrame, but it is invaluable for crowd control. Boss 1 - one-shot. Loot [dunno]

EvilBastard hits 99% and for the first time since level 60 leaves rested XP.

A couple of pulls later and ...


Onto Mekgineer Steamrigger and I have some AoE fun on the packs of gnomes before him and then we take on the boss. After a long fight he goes down. Loot [crap].

Our miners take the adamantite and fel-iron, not me for once, and we head off to Kalithresh. We all know the strategy but we're a bit rusty and we're too slow on the first tank and he enrages. We keep on going and keep him off the 2nd tank but we're exhausted by then and we wipe before the 3rd tank. We re-group and vow to concentrate and take him out easily on the 2nd attempt. The tank gets a ring and I get [something].

WooHoo another key fragment and EvilBastard is level 70.

4 comments:

SuraBear said...

Oh, you dont know AoE fun yet. . . Seed of Corruption is where its at (unless, of course, you left mid-instance to train your skills). Get yourself a paladin tank. . . er, right. . . anyhow, with a paladin AoE tanking groups, seed is OBSCENELY fun *evilgrin*

MarcusMaximi said...

Hehe, Oh YES - Seed of Corruption. That's probably the only reason I rushed EB to 70 and it's included in a draft post that's half written, so I haven't published it yet, about what I did after hitting 70!!

As for the Pally tank, ahem, *cough* the "Downright Evil" in the blog title is EvilBastard and "The Good" part is HolyWarrior - my paladin tank/healer/whatever I want it to be and it's on a different account so I dual-box them!

Oh yes there is plenty of AoE fun potential to be had now!

MarcusMaximi said...

LOL, After these late night runs my reading and comprehension skills have bottom out. Methinks, Surabear, that you realised that I already had the tankadin part covered :P

Nilum said...

Gratz on 70 for you lock. Have fun raiding Kara!