Wednesday, 31 October 2012
Sunday, 28 October 2012
Probably not as good XP/hour as questing/grinding/running dungeons but I am doing other stuff out of game so everyones a winner.
So far every single candy bucket is still in place, even Stonetalon Mountains.
But some Padaria ones will cause you (and me) problems if you haven't finished questing in the zone as they will be phased out. So unless I level & quest pretty fast I don't think I will get the Candy Buckets of Pandaria achievement this year :(
Rock on ...
Saturday, 27 October 2012
Back again I bought Mists the day after release. Had the collectors edition and 2 regular copies on pre-order from Game and was planning on going to the 23:00 opening.
The day before, or so I thought, I logged on and found out my diary was a day out - DOH!!!
Well I'd had too many shandies to go out now so I'll have to get it tomorrow thought I and went to bed :P
Tomorrow turned into late afternoon before I grabbed it and headed home, but luckily I was signed off sick from work so would have loads of time to play.
I eventually installed the collectors edition onto my account and logged in, having been advised that there is nothing to install, nice :)
I did one quest and logged out.
Several weeks later I logged back in and did some Brewfest dailies to get the latest item. But not being high enough level could not go visit Coren :(
Then I logged on a couple of days ago and did the quest to take me to Jade Forest, did the first quest there and logged out for the night.
Then I logged on this morning and have done some more quests :) I have not even opened the wrapping to get the serial number for the other 2 accounts, in fact I haven't even upgraded my 3rd account to Cata yet !!!
On the updside I have a Tier V Tan Destroyer and am training my second set of secondary skills on my Tier II medium tank on World of Tanks - LOL!!
Still playing WoW, also playing WoT, only installed mists on main account, done about 6 quests.
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
D3 all downloaded weeks ago and ready to install.
And so began the error messages.
It turns out Blizztard added 50MB on May 12th, but it wasn't a simple additional download like we had to do anyway. No, you had to re-download a new installer package and re-run it on the install directory.
This checked the initial 7GB and finally downloaded the last 50MB and THEN started the install!
OK, so all installed and at 00:01 the mad rush to logon began.
I eventually got as far as the error message "You need a battle tag" but by the time I got that created all the servers had imploded!
I then popped onto WoW and did this weeks LFR came back and the servers finally came online ...
... but you still can't get past "connecting to server".
I thought they'd learnt their lesson; obviously not!
Good Job Blizztards!
Thursday, 9 February 2012
As wowheadnews said, there aren't a lot of differences except that there are 9 new Cataclysm elders, faction specific - cross-faction tradeable pets and that you get gold and xp for honouring the elders.
So there you go, I'm not going to repeat everything they say over there, just go read it for yourselves!
Friday, 6 January 2012
"What?," the warlock asks.
"How about you conjure me up something to drink?," replies the paladin.
The warlock looks at the pally incredulously and says, "Man, have you got the wrong guy," and returns to drinking his beer in silence.
The pally, taps the warlock on the shoulder again and says, "Well then, how about you conjure me up something to eat then?".
The warlock, getting a little annoyed now, responds "If I cant conjure you up something to drink, what the HELL makes you think I can conjure you something to eat??.
The warlock goes back to drinking in a huff and sure enough, the pally taps him on the shoulder one more time.
"I'm sorry," he says, "but I thought you could do something for someone other then yourself".
The warlock takes a sip of his beer, turns toward the paladin and smashes the bottle over his head. While he's bleeding on the floor, the warlock says "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you could tank!"
Thursday, 5 January 2012
But I did get a holy trinket and 2 ret drops.
But what really shocked me was the lore around what End Time was all about. Its all about Nozdormu gone mad and created the infinite dragon flight.
Hmm Deja Vu ... yep I (with a little help from google) predicted this back at the start of patch 4.2!!
Or have I got it all wrong?
Anyway? Why have I only just done this dungeon? I've been making gold of course! Having surpassed 2 million before 4.3 hit I am easily at 2.5 Million now :)
Monday, 19 December 2011
OK, so CHRISTMAS is here and we have the next instalment of the World Events Achievements.
So, what's changed and what do you have to do to complete the Winter Veil Christmas achievements? Well not a lot, Metzen the Reindeer and Stolen Treats seem to have been rolled into the daily quest and everything else is pretty same 'ole same 'ole...
- Get your fat lazy <insert class name> butt to Ironforge.
- Pick up quest "The Reason for the Season" from Goli Krumn to left of bank entrance (this is not required for achievement but good XP).
- Pick up quest "Santa Claus" aka "Great Father Winter is Here!" from Wulmort Jinglepocket to right of Father Christmas (if you didn't pick up a breadcrumb quest elsewhere).
- Also pick up quest "You're a Mean One..." from same dude; this is the new daily in place of Metzen and Stolen Treats quests.
- If you don't have some buy a small stack of snowballs.
- Buy Gingerbread Cookie Recipe.
- Buy Hot Apple Cider recipe.
- Buy Egg Nog recipe.
- Buy 10 Holiday spices (You only need 7).
- Buy 2 x Holiday Spirits.
- Acquire (Alts, Bank,AH) 6 Small eggs.
- Buy 2 x milk from Gwenna Firebrew in the Inn to the left of AH.
- Make that greedy fat bastard in red 5 Gingerbread Cookies. You only need 1 for the achievment but you may as well complete the quest!
- Buy 1 x Sparkling Apple Cider from the girl goblin Macey.
- Make 1 x Hot Apple Cider.
- Make 1 x Egg Nog.
- Achievement Gained: The Winter Veil Gourmet.
- Hand in "Great Father Winter is Here!" to St Nick.
- Accept and Hand in "Santa's a hungry fuck" aka "Treats For Greatfather Winter" to St Nick.
- Acquire Mistletoe and Snowflakes by kissing the revellers in the Inn every hour.
- Buy crafting recipes or get stuff from alt and get Winter Boots(Leatherworker 285) and Green or red Winter Clothes(Tailor 250).
- Go defeat Grand Magus Telestra In The Nexus or Mage-Lord Urom In The Occulus for a red or green Winter Hat; Or Drahga Shadowburner in Grim Batol, Lord Godfrey (Shadowfang Heroic), Admiral Ripsnarl(DM Heroic), High Priestess Azil (Stonecore) or Corla (Blackrock Caverns)
- Wear all 3 pieces of winter gear and eat Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake.
- Achievment Gained: 'Tis the Season.
- Pootle over to the big library place where all the explorers league dudes are.
- Hand in "The Reason For The Season" to Historian Karnik and get "The Feast of Winter Veil".
- Read the book then go hand the quest into the King.
- Once spoken to King throw a snowball at him for Achievement Gained: Scrooge
- Go get a flight to Southshore or Chillwind Camp and ride/fly up to Growless Cave in Alterac Mountains where the Yetis and ogres are.
- Hand in "Stolen Winter Veil Treats" to snow man near Growless cave and get "You're a Mean One...".
- Go find and kill The Abominable Grinch (Level 36 Elite) who spawns in 4 possible locations: [x,x], [x,x], [x,x] or [x,x] and loot the Stolen Treats.
- Help Kill The Abominable Grinch (Boss Level Elite) and Metzen will be freed and you'll be able to loot the Stolen Treats from the entrance to Growless cave. Achievement Gained: On Metzen!
- Fly over to Thorium Point in Searing Gorge.
- Head to [x,x] in the north east of the zone.
- [Alternative: Pirate Camp in Eastern Tanaris].
- Open up the bag you were given when you got the quest and use the Pouch of Reindeer Dust on Rudolph. He will Bubble-hearth outa there. Do not destroy Pouch, you need it to hand the quest in.
- All of that is now pointless as it's part of the daily
- (Assuming we now have Mistletoe) Fly to Menthil and boat to Theramore.
- Use the mistletoe on Brother Karman by the Training Dummies.
- Fly to Nigels Point and use the mistletoe on Brother Anton. He's not there anymore!! Who Killed Anton?
- Go to Stranglethorn Vale and use the mistletoe on Brother Nimetz.
- Head to Stormwind by whatever means necessary and go snogging the brothers:
- Brother Kristoff outside the Cathedral.
- Brother Benjamin wandering around in the Cathedral.
- Brother Cassius in the first aid area in the north-east of the Cathedral.
- Brother Crowley in the north-eastern cellar of the Cathedral.
- Brother Joshua by the altar in the Cathedral.
- Go to Goldshire and use the mistletoe on Brother Wilhelm by the Forge.
- Achievement Gained: Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's.
- Head back to Ironforge.
- Hand in "Metzen the Reindeer". Achievement Gained: On Metzen!.
- Hand in "You're a Mean One..." and get and complete "A Smokywood Pastures' Thank You!". Achievement Gained: Simply Abominable.
Part VIII (PvP)
- Use the "Wintervolt Changey Thing 8000 outside the gates to the city.
- Enter some battlegrounds and get 50 HKs while under the influence of the Wintervolt thingey.
- Achievement Gained. With a Little Helper from my Friends.
- While in the battlegrounds try to sprinkle the required following race/class combinations, don't worry if you don't get all of them when you get your 50HKs do the rest around Dalaran or Shat later. If your below level 60 - have fun!!!
- Orc Death Knigget
- Tauren Shaman
- Undead Rogue
- Gnome Mage
- Blood Elf Warlock
- Human Warrior
- Night Elf Druid
- Troll Hunter
- Dwarf Paladin
- Dranei Priest
- Achievement Gained. Let it Snow.
- [Requirement: level 70/Flying Mount/SkyGuard Rep] Go to Ogri'la and transform your mount into a Reindeer with some holly and do the bombing quest.
- Achievement Gained. Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la.
Part X (Wrath Content)
- Go to Dalaran and use a Winter Veil Disguise Kit to become a snowman and dance with another snowman
- Achievement Gained: A Frosty Shake.
Part XI (Christmas Day)
- Open a present under the Tree. Achievement Gained: He Knows if You've Been Naughty.
Title Achieved: MerryMaker
Part XII non-Meta Achievements
- Use a Crashin' Thrashin' Racer to crash 25 times. Achievement Gained: Crashin' & Thrashin'.
- Shoot Blaine, Garosh, Sylvanas & Lor'themar with a BB gun. Achievement Gained: BB King.
- Use you Gaudy Winter Veil Jumper to sing in the enemy capital cities. Achievement Gained: A-Caroling We Will Go.
Friday, 2 December 2011
I am putting it up here so Blizz have to stop deleting posts and get on with fixing it quick otherwise it's going to be a complete farce of a race to world first Deathwing HC kill.
"When you run a full 25man LFR with your guild and you kill those 4 bosses the looting for your guild is over for that week from that LFR , not really...!
The trick is you swap out some people 1 cloth, 1 leather, 1 mail, 1 plate ( Alt chars, or other members )
Than you go again in the LFR and those people who just came in the raid can see every loot, so they loot everything, than they can trade it to those people who were and done the LFR once.
So you can FARM the LFR until your guild got no more Alt/members who can jump in for the loot.
I have seen certain members with several Raid Finder gear... from the same boss.
I hope Blizzard doesn't turn their head away from this and say they didn't see/know it was happening"
Not that the whole world reads my little blog, but Blizztards can't ignore/delete it like they're ignoring their Steam Pile of Shite Void Storage Fuck Up!
JC posting was easy with the 5.13 Beat version of Auctioneer but glyph posting just wasn't happening.
In the end I got the latest TSM installed and working and the glyphs posted. We'll see the results of that tomorrow.
Nearly run out of gems to sell though, I reckon by the end of tomorrow I will have zero rubies in stock.
Maybe I won't post in anticipation of a further spike when other sellers run out of gems too.