OK, so CHRISTMAS is here and we have the next instalment of the World Events Achievements.
So, what's changed and what do you have to do to complete the Winter Veil Christmas achievements? Well not a lot, Metzen the Reindeer and Stolen Treats seem to have been rolled into the daily quest and everything else is pretty same 'ole same 'ole...
- Get your fat lazy <insert class name> butt to Ironforge.
- Pick up quest "The Reason for the Season" from Goli Krumn to left of bank entrance (this is not required for achievement but good XP).
- Pick up quest "Santa Claus" aka "Great Father Winter is Here!" from Wulmort Jinglepocket to right of Father Christmas (if you didn't pick up a breadcrumb quest elsewhere).
- Also pick up quest "You're a Mean One..." from same dude; this is the new daily in place of Metzen and Stolen Treats quests.
- If you don't have some buy a small stack of snowballs.
- Buy Gingerbread Cookie Recipe.
- Buy Hot Apple Cider recipe.
- Buy Egg Nog recipe.
- Buy 10 Holiday spices (You only need 7).
- Buy 2 x Holiday Spirits.
- Acquire (Alts, Bank,AH) 6 Small eggs.
- Buy 2 x milk from Gwenna Firebrew in the Inn to the left of AH.
- Make that greedy fat bastard in red 5 Gingerbread Cookies. You only need 1 for the achievment but you may as well complete the quest!
- Buy 1 x Sparkling Apple Cider from the girl goblin Macey.
- Make 1 x Hot Apple Cider.
- Make 1 x Egg Nog.
- Achievement Gained: The Winter Veil Gourmet.
- Hand in "Great Father Winter is Here!" to St Nick.
- Accept and Hand in "Santa's a hungry fuck" aka "Treats For Greatfather Winter" to St Nick.
- Acquire Mistletoe and Snowflakes by kissing the revellers in the Inn every hour.
- Buy crafting recipes or get stuff from alt and get Winter Boots(Leatherworker 285) and Green or red Winter Clothes(Tailor 250).
- Go defeat Grand Magus Telestra In The Nexus or Mage-Lord Urom In The Occulus for a red or green Winter Hat; Or Drahga Shadowburner in Grim Batol, Lord Godfrey (Shadowfang Heroic), Admiral Ripsnarl(DM Heroic), High Priestess Azil (Stonecore) or Corla (Blackrock Caverns)
- Wear all 3 pieces of winter gear and eat Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake.
- Achievment Gained: 'Tis the Season.
- Pootle over to the big library place where all the explorers league dudes are.
- Hand in "The Reason For The Season" to Historian Karnik and get "The Feast of Winter Veil".
- Read the book then go hand the quest into the King.
- Once spoken to King throw a snowball at him for Achievement Gained: Scrooge
- Go get a flight to Southshore or Chillwind Camp and ride/fly up to Growless Cave in Alterac Mountains where the Yetis and ogres are.
- Hand in "Stolen Winter Veil Treats" to snow man near Growless cave and get "You're a Mean One...".
- Go find and kill The Abominable Grinch (Level 36 Elite) who spawns in 4 possible locations: [x,x], [x,x], [x,x] or [x,x] and loot the Stolen Treats.
- Help Kill The Abominable Grinch (Boss Level Elite) and Metzen will be freed and you'll be able to loot the Stolen Treats from the entrance to Growless cave. Achievement Gained: On Metzen!
- Fly over to Thorium Point in Searing Gorge.
- Head to [x,x] in the north east of the zone.
- [Alternative: Pirate Camp in Eastern Tanaris].
- Open up the bag you were given when you got the quest and use the Pouch of Reindeer Dust on Rudolph. He will Bubble-hearth outa there. Do not destroy Pouch, you need it to hand the quest in.
- All of that is now pointless as it's part of the daily
- (Assuming we now have Mistletoe) Fly to Menthil and boat to Theramore.
- Use the mistletoe on Brother Karman by the Training Dummies.
- Fly to Nigels Point and use the mistletoe on Brother Anton. He's not there anymore!! Who Killed Anton?
- Go to Stranglethorn Vale and use the mistletoe on Brother Nimetz.
- Head to Stormwind by whatever means necessary and go snogging the brothers:
- Brother Kristoff outside the Cathedral.
- Brother Benjamin wandering around in the Cathedral.
- Brother Cassius in the first aid area in the north-east of the Cathedral.
- Brother Crowley in the north-eastern cellar of the Cathedral.
- Brother Joshua by the altar in the Cathedral.
- Go to Goldshire and use the mistletoe on Brother Wilhelm by the Forge.
- Achievement Gained: Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's.
- Head back to Ironforge.
- Hand in "Metzen the Reindeer". Achievement Gained: On Metzen!.
- Hand in "You're a Mean One..." and get and complete "A Smokywood Pastures' Thank You!". Achievement Gained: Simply Abominable.
Part VIII (PvP)
- Use the "Wintervolt Changey Thing 8000 outside the gates to the city.
- Enter some battlegrounds and get 50 HKs while under the influence of the Wintervolt thingey.
- Achievement Gained. With a Little Helper from my Friends.
- While in the battlegrounds try to sprinkle the required following race/class combinations, don't worry if you don't get all of them when you get your 50HKs do the rest around Dalaran or Shat later. If your below level 60 - have fun!!!
- Orc Death Knigget
- Tauren Shaman
- Undead Rogue
- Gnome Mage
- Blood Elf Warlock
- Human Warrior
- Night Elf Druid
- Troll Hunter
- Dwarf Paladin
- Dranei Priest
- Achievement Gained. Let it Snow.
- [Requirement: level 70/Flying Mount/SkyGuard Rep] Go to Ogri'la and transform your mount into a Reindeer with some holly and do the bombing quest.
- Achievement Gained. Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la.
Part X (Wrath Content)
- Go to Dalaran and use a Winter Veil Disguise Kit to become a snowman and dance with another snowman
- Achievement Gained: A Frosty Shake.
Part XI (Christmas Day)
- Open a present under the Tree. Achievement Gained: He Knows if You've Been Naughty.
Title Achieved: MerryMaker
Part XII non-Meta Achievements
- Use a Crashin' Thrashin' Racer to crash 25 times. Achievement Gained: Crashin' & Thrashin'.
- Shoot Blaine, Garosh, Sylvanas & Lor'themar with a BB gun. Achievement Gained: BB King.
- Use you Gaudy Winter Veil Jumper to sing in the enemy capital cities. Achievement Gained: A-Caroling We Will Go.