Wednesday 12 March 2008

My First Look at Lady Vashj and her Macro


As you would have seen from last nights "Live Blog" we finished off the sub-bosses and opened the bridge to Lady Vashj.

This was the first time I've been to Vashj and I think the first time for the guild too.

Anyway here is the macro

/use Tainted Core
/script SendChatMessage("!!! YOU HAVE THE CORE !!!", "WHISPER", "Common", UnitName("target"));
/y <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t !!!
/ra <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t !!!
/s <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t !!!


On our best attempt we got her down to around 60% and used to cores.

I've been looking at the stats for last nights SSC run as I have been doing upwards of 50% overheal on some fights recently so I was concentrating on cancelling heals if they become redundant.

Interesting the amount of overheal seems to be directly proportional to the amount of Stella Artois consumed - now that's some coincidence isn't it? :P

Overall the top 5 healers were all at 11% of raid heal. I was 4th but had the worst overheal at 35%.

On the Leo one shot I was 3rd with 36% overheal compared with NicePallyClassLeder who was 2nd with 47% overheal. I was only 1 Flash of Light away from beating her and 12K away from top spot, so if I hadn't been DPSing the demon form contributing a massive 1% (41K damage) then I would have been top of the healing meters!!

The Karathress wipe saw me down at 5th with 35% overheal again. While the Karathress death saw me at 2nd with 43% overheal, only beaten by the MT's paladin healer.

On the Vashj Attempts I was 6th, 3rd and 5th but they weren't serious attempts anyway.

An added side effect of this (well most would say the whole point in keeping down your overheal) is that I was never low on mana. Although I was also concentrating more on the health deficit of targets and only putting down a full HL if really needed.

No comments: