Thursday 13 March 2008

Multi-Boxing And You

Some people have commented about my multi-boxing my Paladin and Warlock. Alex called me insane - thanks Alex :P

Also, TiceNits' alt came across a gaggle of 4 identical druids in the Night Elf starting area a few days ago.

It's been happening a lot recently that when I make a commment or do something I find something very similar on another blog.

Well, Alex, if you think I'm insane check out the 4 Shamans (or is it Shamen?) that I found over on The Bronze Kettle.

And also do a search on youtube. I know there is some footage of a 5 mage multiboxer on there somewhere.

Now these guys are doing it properly. They have multiple identical characters and they usually keyboard broadcast to separate PCs' which are running separate WoW accounts with their 4 slaves on them. The slaves then copy the actions of the master character simultaneously.

Now this keyboard broadcasting might be questionable, but it does seem to have been condoned by several GMs.

Now I'm not that much of a geek, or even that organised. I have my account and my sons account. My warlock is on my sons account. My PC is pretty uber and it can just about handle 2 WoW's running at the same time (except in Shat where the whole screen goes screwy!!) So I alt-tab between the two sesions. Works for me!

2 comments:

H said...

"Shaman" is both singular and plural; at least that's what Blizzard says

Alex - aka Firelight said...

Well grats! if it works it works!

Just not sure my brain could handle trying to dps and heal at the same time!! lol