Tuesday 25 March 2008

Warlock Nostromo EZ-Mode Macro

Warning, Disclaimer, Whatever: For god's sake don't do this. It's against ToS, EULA etc. Read this.

Further to my previous post I have just thought up something even better.

A lot of warlocks, I assume, have an EZ-Mode cast sequence macro where they just have 1 button and keep pressing it to load up the target with DoTs and finish up with a SB or DL.

Well, two excellent features of the n52 are firstly the ability to write macros and secondly to insert pauses into these macros*.

So I could write a macro to press each key in my DoT sequence with a pause between each that equals exactly the Global Cooldown or Spell Cast time and then follow up with a shadow bolt. The result? Well hopefully minimised gaps between casting leading to increased DPS, but more importantly LazyEasy Mode for me!!

I wonder if I can trigger this sequence off then alt-tab to HolyWarrior and start healing. Probably not as a) the alt-tab macro would probably not execute until the cast sequence macro had finished and b) I could manually alt-tab but the remainder of the cast sequence macro would probably try and execute on HolyWarrior's session.

Worth a look though!

UPDATE: Woohoo, created the n52 macro and it would boost DPS nicely with 0.00 seconds between each cast. Farming voidies in Nagrand is: hit button, watch mob die. If attacking from max range the CoA and UA would hit before the mob can could get to me so no interrupts to UA, then slap on corr, SL and a quick tap before a Drain Life. 90% of the time the mob dies before Drain Life completes or before a Shadowbolt can even think about casting Hmm, I think I must have dreamt about that!!. All from just the press of 1 button!!

On the subject of alt-tabbing, I figured out what would happen: if I manually alt tabbed over to HolyWarrior it DOES would try and continue the macro on him as his screen is the one in focus. But you can could quickly pop over while EvilBastard is draining life and cast a quick heal and then pop back before the Shadowbolt cast kicks off.

Affliction Locks - what is you usual cast sequence?

* Against Blizz ToS, EULA etc don't do it!

2 comments:

Alex - aka Firelight said...

Does you PC have the ability to run 2 screens?

Then can it handle both sessions being open and runnin on seperate screens?

I bet you could do that with a twin graphics card setup that i'm going to be running soon!

MarcusMaximi said...

Should be able to. It is SLI capable although only has a single 7900GT in it at the moment I thnk.

See edit in post for latest news.