D3 all downloaded weeks ago and ready to install.
And so began the error messages.
It turns out Blizztard added 50MB on May 12th, but it wasn't a simple additional download like we had to do anyway. No, you had to re-download a new installer package and re-run it on the install directory.
This checked the initial 7GB and finally downloaded the last 50MB and THEN started the install!
OK, so all installed and at 00:01 the mad rush to logon began.
I eventually got as far as the error message "You need a battle tag" but by the time I got that created all the servers had imploded!
I then popped onto WoW and did this weeks LFR came back and the servers finally came online ...
... but you still can't get past "connecting to server".
I thought they'd learnt their lesson; obviously not!
Good Job Blizztards!