Tuesday 25 March 2008

Lots of Netherweave Later...

[PICS TO COME]

...and when I say lots I mean FRIGGING TONS OF THE BLOODY STUFF!!!!

My timescale for the full Frozen Shadowweave set was Sunday 30th March. I got it a week early!!

Over the course of the weekend I was skilling up my tailoring whenever I had the mats. Come raid time on Sunday night I only needed:
4 Shadowcloth (both NicePallyClassLeader's lock and EvilBastard have x2 proc becoming available at midnight)
2 Imbued Netherweave Robe's (needed the cloth)
Primal shadow for the shadowcloth.
Lots of Primal Water

So during raid quiet moments I farmed motes of shadow in Nagrand. Come raid end time I had the cloth and only had 2 motes of shadow to farm to complete stage 3. I got these farmed and headed off to The Altar of Shadows. NicePallyClassLeader and I made the cloth and I headed off to make those robes and hopefully get the tailoring skill ups to 375 (it went yellow at 370).

Nope, 1 procced but the second didn't so I was stuck at 374. I could not handle anymore grinding so gave up for the night.

Monday morning (Bank Holiday Monday FTW!) I buy/grind/steal Netherweave Cloth and go grind Netherweb Spider Silk. It still doesn't proc. Repeat. Still no proc. Grind more spider silk, swap Netherweave Cloth for Knothide Leather Scraps with TiceNits. THIRD attempt of the morning gets me to 375 Tailoring. I bought the Pattern for the Frozen Shadowweave Robe and headed off to grind 8-ish Primal Waters.

TiceNits and HolyWarrior came along and we got into a good rhythm. HolyWarrior fishing the Pure Water pools when they spawned and topping off DPS health as neccessary. TiceNits had to go after we had a couple of Primals but HW and EB finished it quite easily.

I made the 3rd piece of the set and equipped it quick smart!! Off to the Auction House to gem up all 5 pieces of gear that have slots (blue head and wrist pieces) with blue-quality gems.

So 8 Blue gems and 1 Meta gem later I am 650 gold worse off.

But my DPS only appears to have increased by 20 :( I was on around 400 grinding motes of water (best I got was a 520 burst) and now I am on 419. Humphh, gonna go grind motes of water under the same spell rotation see what happens!

Anyway, that's 4 pieces of epix I am wearing now. 4? I hear you ask. YEP - read the next post...

No comments: