Tuesday 11 March 2008

Arcatraz Key Fragment and the True Hybrid Pally

TiceNits, Rune and Holy got a mage and a fury warrior from the LFG - DOH!!! - and went to Arcatraz.

I knew the warrior was no tank from the start but he was willing to give it a go and I should be able to heal him through a normal Arcatraz.

Well, pull 1 - OK, pull 2 - OOPS, he agrro'd adds and even I couldn't keep him alive.

Just as we line up for attempt number 2 the Mages says "Sorry, Got to go" and hearths.

OMFG the Bastard - he was the only one with the key! We have 3 mobs in front of us. I say "lets give it a go" and before I can say "I'll seduce one" he charges in. I have no time to get succy out and haven't really got time to do anything but heal anyway. We're doing alright, but we should have waited for the mobs to fight the beastie things. 2 reasons: the mobs will not be at full health when we engage and secondly, more importantly, the fucking beastie won't add to the fight and wipe us!!

OK, so we need the key and another member. I reckon I could tank this, so the warrior could dps, or I could dps or heal. So we are looking for anyone.

That's the good thing about an epic geared pally. Pre-heroics you can pretty much do anything as Holy Spec :) Bung your Ret gear on. Pew Pew nice! Clearly your healing is gonna be primo, but with some tanking epics you can tank these buggers. You may remember that HolyWarrior tanked Vorpil and Murmur in Shadow Labs.

So we managed to get a priest, no key though, so we waste some time getting in and we hope we ain't gonna die!! EvilBastard soulstones the priest and off we go. Neither the warrior nor the priest know that I am playing 2 characters in this group - Haha!

On the first pull the warrior doesn't equip a shield (I didn't notice if he had before - probably why he died so quick) and HolyWarrior is in Ret gear and pulls aggro pretty quickly - see - ret dps (while holy specced) must be pretty good to pull aggroo off a nub fury warrior, seriously though - I had salv on!

The priest complained that I was pulling aggro cos I required healing! I said that OK I'd tank then. They thought I was joking but just before the next pull I threw on my Tanking gear and pulled.

The warrior could not get aggro off me and he didn't take a single hit! And guess what? I nub forgot to put retribution aura and righteous fury on till halfway through the fight. I think the priest must have done a quick inspect of my gear and combined the epics with the fact that I was probably easier to heal than the warrior and could obviously tank and suggested I be MT!!

So we cleared all the way up to the Karazhan Key Fragment without a single death!

Well, TiceNits and I were happy we both had our Kara key fragment, but the priest wanted to go on. I had not specified that we were only after the fragment so we decided we should really carry on.

We cleared the rest of the room and the next and started on Delilah or whatever her name is. The warrior charged in ahead of me and gained such an aggro lead that I could not recover, because I blew all my mana trying, popped Super Mana Potion, threw all that threat on and didn't grab agrro.

No Aggro = No Hits = No Healing = No Mana = No Threat = No aggro. You all know how that one goes!

OK, it wouldn't be so bad, but it takes a couple of whirlwinds for him to remember to interrupt the heals afterwards and she is at full health! It doesn't help that I am too busy trying to grab aggro to be able to throw more than the odd shadowbolt or seed of corruption out. The healer is completely OOM. I can't back off and heal cos I am in tanking gear and blew all my mana and potion cooldown so the warrior dies. At this point I see the futility of this exercise and fake a DC by Alt-F4.

Rune and TiceNits' alt hang around hoping that someone else will call it if HolyWarrior doesn't come back. The priest mentions that HW didn't seem to be there all the time. Haha - that might have been something to do with the fact I had Alt-Tabbed to do something with Rune - but they don't know that! TiceNits' alt wears the same guild tag as HW so I suggested she says that HolyWarrior does sometimes have connection issues!!

The warrior decides he's not going to hang around and calls it quits. I feel guilty about screwing the priest over but she seems confident that she'll be able to pick up a group to finish off the instance, which as a healer she probably will. But after all the useless bastard PUGs I've had recently I really don't care anymore! Besides, it was only 1 other person being let down, because the warrior was keen to dump the group pretty quick!

Anyway, time for a celebratory 5 pints down the pub, and then get a Black Morass group together!

1 comment:

Nilum said...

Love the new "Waradin Blogs" section on your sidebar.
Nae/Nilum