Wednesday 9 April 2008

Warlock Spell Rotation

I read a while ago about the perfect spell rotation for affliction warlock. I forget the exact details but do remember one thing, try to put an instant cast straight after a cast time spell so the GCD is ready for that instant.

I also remember someone saying affliction warlocks should not use immolate as the cast time is better used for a shadowbolt?

Well, Warlock Therapy has just written a post on this and seeing as I have been wondering about this recently I thought I would ask your advice.

So some questions:
  1. Should affliction locks use Immolate?
  2. Should I include a life tap in my cast sequence or use it ad hoc where necessary?
  3. Is the maxDPS rotation that JagoEx quotes a one-off starter rotation or repeat ad-infinitum?
  4. What's the best affliction spec for raiding? Deep Affliction, Affliction-Destro or what?
  5. Are Bears Catholic? (Or my alternative to this which some may find offensive!)
  6. Should I wear purple and green in the same outfit? (RL question)
Bear in mind I'm at work atm so some of these questions are noobier than they need to be as I could wait till I get home and research specs and compare cast time vs damage vs mana usage. I'm just lazy and impatient - Deal with it!!

Edit: OK, for those searching for warlock spell rotations and arriving here, this is what I do now.

Grinding, run around dotting everything with CoA, Corr and SL. Leaving a trail of dead mobs behind you = win!

Raid trash: Corruption or Immolate (depending on whether I have to move during cast) then Shadowbolt spam.

Raid boss/Hard Trash: CoA, Corr, UA, SL, Immo (once only), Shadowbolt when not refreshing DoTs. What I read (thanks JagoEx) was that always do Corr then UA. There is also discussion about whether to use CoA or CoS. Don't get me started!

1 comment:

Nibuca said...

See here: http://chicanery.fibergeek.com/2008/02/01/whars-ma-dps/
Which leads to here:
http://taptappewpew.blogspot.com/2008/01/tap-tap-fizzle.html

At this point I have no further wisdom to offer. I'm also waiting for later to "do the math". :)