Saturday 26 April 2008

Goddam Cheap Japanese Flying Packs

A prize* to the first person who can tell me who uttered those words in my favourite film of all time.

Anyway, it's not cheap Japanese flying packs that I'm annoyed with, it's one of my Netgear routers.

I spent 3 hours last night on the phone to my ISP before they closed at 21:00 because my broadband wasn't working. This didn't resolve the issue so I was without WoW all last night!! Argggggg.

So this morning I took the router round to a friend's house to remove router problems from the equation and guess what? It didn't work there either. It reported that it had up and downstream speeds, and these were different from the speeds reported at home.

I rebooted it, I hard rebooted it and then I ended up booting the fucking thing out the door and going and buying a new one. £79.99 and 30 minutes later I'm online.

The kid is happy again, running level 3s all round Eleywn (sic) forest and my bank balance is a little lighter!

But the new router has blue flashy lights on it so all's good!

Edit: No-one hazarded a guess as to the film or the person. It was Woody Allen in "The Sleeper"

* Subject to Terms and Conditions, prize may be virtual or imaginary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woody Allen in Sleeper