Monday 7 April 2008

Need More Rage...

...and I'm not talking about Ratshag, I'm talking about Rage Winterchill.

I got very little done on Friday night due to laptop crashes - seems a fan pointing right at lappy is not as good as I thought! Spent most of Saturday and Saturday in a cute little place called RL and spent Sunday morning doing Netherwing quests on both accounts simultaneously.

Sunday afternoon was SSC. After 1.5 hours and me second on the healing meters we had 1-shot Lurker in 8 minutes for [Ancestral Ring of Conquest], [Velvet Boots of the Guardian] and [Tempest-Strider Boots].

50 minutes later we 1-shot Leo after a dodgy start losing lots of DPS. It was looking like a wipe and I was edging towards the door, but we got him down in around 10 minutes just as he was/had enraging/ed. He dropped [Tsunami Talisman], 2 WPD glove tokens and a HMW glove token.

45 minutes later and Karathress was 1-shotted after 8 minutes yielding [World Breaker ] and 3 - yes THREE - WPD T5 Leg tokens. Gutted I was well up for dropping half my total DKP on those and I could not have been outbid :(

So, 50 minutes and a 15 man trash wipe later we took Morogrim out. I was healing the pally murloc tank again and I kept getting watery graved...ouch. I don't know what I was doing differently, except that I ran out of healing food and elixirs, but I went out of mana very quickly. I was even chugging Super mana potions not just unstable ones. I was judging wisdom on Morogrim between murloc waves as usual and I was getting healing by pally murloc tank as murlocs approached, but still went OOM.

I can't even blame the changes to mana regen and intellect that came in with 2.4 because I'm never really outside the FSR.

Maybe it was just lack of healing food and elixirs, I had to throw more heals out for the same effect. I'll make sure I have some for the next attempt and see what happens.

On the upside, I topped the healing meters on the Karathress fight and was a close second on Lurker and Leo.

Sunday evening we did NOT go to Mount Hyjal. I only really wanted to raid if we went to Hyjal, but I got conned into joining raid before it was announced that it was Lady Vashj. Apparently not enough people had the insignia ... so fucking what?

OK, I've only seen the bitch twice, one of which was a quick 3 wipe looksy. But with patch 2.4 I really don't see the point wasting our effort on her when we could be getting reward-epix from Mount Hyjal and then coming back and farming her.

SCREW YOU Uber Hardcore raiders, we'd have been in there in a few weeks anyway, patch 2.4 just gave us a little boost!!

So we had 7 dis-heartening wipes on her. Yawn.

To show my disgust at this waste of time I body pulled Vashj when most people had hearted out and then bubble-hearthed myself. HAHAHHAHAH. Unfortunately NicePallyClassLeader got caught up in the ensuing wipage!

At least the afternoon raid netted me another 8 Badges of Justice. Total = 112

No comments: