Tuesday 22 April 2008

Auction House Fun

Monday 14th April 2008

I spend a little time in the auction house, I often pick up some bargains. I've got a good eye for selling too. Take this little money make for instance. You can pick this recipe up actually INSIDE Stormwind for less than a gold and then sell it on the auction House.

Warlocks needed the actual elixirs for the level 60 epic mount quest so alchemists probably made a killing on them. The elixir is still not too shabby now. When the local 'tards who think they are being cleaver aren't selling it for 4-7 gold I sell it regularly for 20 gold - yes TWENTY gold!!

OK, there goes my best kept auction house secret!

When I was grinding Netherweb Spide Silk I picked up quite a few Dreadfang Venom Sacks, you need these to change aldor/scryer faction so they sell quite well. I put a reasonably well sized batch on and made a few gold here too.

Someone was obviously desparate for fire resistance. I can't imagine why though!


But best of all was this gem that I found. Auctioneer flagged it as 130 gold profit on an outlay of 117gold. Check out those IMBA stats!!


/sarcasm mode off

The real bargain of the weekend was this. Again Auctioneer flagged it up as 1900 gold profit on an outlay of 120 gold. I quickly checked wowhead (grrr) and thotbot and it looked like auctioneer was right about the profit margin. Screw whether it was good for reselling - I want this for EvilBastard to equip and I'd say that's a bargain for 120gold!

I got NicePallyClassLeader to put a +40 Spell Damage Enchant on it. While she was at it I got her to stick the same enchant on my tanking sword that I got ages ago but never enchanted it!

2 comments:

Nibuca said...

Fantastic find on the sword! It looks like the next upgrade outside of raiding would be the HH/Thrallmar Exalted blade, Jaded Crystal Dagger from Heroic Magister's Terrace, Or PVP/Badge gear.

http://wowmb.net/forums/showthread.php?p=168103&posted=1#post168103

Nibuca
http://chicanery.fibergeek.com/

Naissa said...

Conga Rats on finding the sword. I have a ton of the venom sacs on my bank alt, clearly its time to sell them. *grin*