Thursday 24 April 2008

More Disappointing DPS

Wednesday 23rd April 2008

OK, OK, most of the rest of the raid were in T5 gear so of course they are going to be better than EvilBastard, but I was still only pumping out 525 DPS according to Recount(Preservation) when we went to Karazhan last night.

TiceNits topped the damage so she was happy, and I shouldn't really be moaning at 525 DPS, but still. I have loadsa epix now I should be better

Frozen Shadoweave Shoulders
Frozen Shadoweave Chest
Frozen Shadoweave Boots
Spellstrike Hood
Trial Fire Trousers
Sword of Wizardry
Cincture of Will! - LOL

I was following Nibuca's advice and was only using corruption or Immolate and then shadowbolt on trash. If the mob was likely to last for a few more seconds then I'd corruption > immolate > SB and I was only going for the full DOT rotation on long living bosses, but I only ever got to 4th on the damage meters with T5 Hunter, Mage and Spriest above me and tank, healers and alt warriors and hunter below me.

I suppose I was the highest DPS alt there and at least the tanks didn't out DPS me!

So in short we one-shot attumen - I survived, then we one shot Moroes and I survived, then we one shot maiden without a paladin and I survived (not)!

Onwards to Opera and we pulled the big bad wolf event and I died at about 50% and then everyone else died except the tank, 2 alt dps warriors and the resto shammy. At 24% the 2 dps warriors went down leaving the tank and resto shammy to kill it. They died at around 10%. Attempt 2: I survived and the Wolf didn't!

A quick trip to Nightbane. Bang - One dead dragon. I survived - woohoo!

On to Curator and we one shot him with me being arcane soak again; the only arcane resistance I have is any racial that gnomes have - still haven't confirmed that. It was nice to be able to unload on curator without having to worry about sparks, I survived and we one shot curator.

2 hours in Karazhan. 6 Bosses dead. 11 Badges of Justice.

No comments: