Friday 23 November 2007

Tankadin - Attempt 4 - Oopsy

Still no ZA for me last night :(

But NicePallyClassLeader arranged an outing to a Heroic and as we were doing this for me it was agreed to boost my Sha'tar rep, so Heroic Mechanar it is.

(check my Sha'tar rep on previous entries before continuing...)

So off we all fly to Tempest keep, well the short trip from Cosmowrench anyway, and I can't get in. Errr ... OK guys ... slight problem ... 5999/6000 Friendly with Sha'tar. OOPS

Them: Go kill a mob.
Me: (panicing) err ... no rep.
Them: In an instance.

So off we go and reset Mechanar to normal mode, pop in, kill a mob, I ding Honoured, hearth to Shat, buy Warpforged Key, get a summon back and slink into Heroic Mechanar with a red face.

To cut a long story short, I've been in 4 Tempest Keep instances before. 1 for Karazhan attunement for myself, 1 for Karazhan attunement for StupidDorf, 1 VoidReaver run with "Fucking Tossers" and finally (before today) my VoidReaver audition run with "Portugese Porkers". Hence the 5999 friendly rep and my woeful nub performance in their tonight.

It didn't help that we were on a different TS server, the group leaders first language is not English and that I had consumed vast quantities of Stella Artois; so I looked really good in front of the new guildies, I wiped us several times, executed some god awful pulls and I'm surprised I didn't have <Guildless> above my head by the time we got out.

In all fairness though, the mage wasn't helping with the Frost Novas, restricting my ability to get aggro back. The Shaman wasn't helping by attacking mid pull and the healer was cutting it fine a lot of the time and my mana suffered a lot because of this. The healer was actually unaware of the mana boost to pallys from healing, he is aware now.

We got the Gatewatchers down pretty easy and then Mechano Lord Capacitus gave me an Assassin's Fire Opal (+6 Crit Rating and +5 Dodge Rating). This I'll keep till I'm re-arranging my gear, post 102.4% avoidance, to up damage and threat.

We temporarily bypassed Sepethrea and had a couple of wipes getting to Pathaleon the Calculator who kindly gave me another epic gem: Defenders Tanzanite (5 parry, 6 stamina) and epic mail gloves: Handguards of the Steady (vendor trash probably).

And then we gave Nethermancer Sepethrea a couple of wipes. She was a bit difficult for a nub to Mechanar, she summons some hard hitting fire elementals who AoE. I had to tank her walking backwards and avoiding the fire.

It went to shit the first couple of times and then the shaman who refuses to go to ZA, has been moaning since the start and who kept screwing up my pulls and getting aggro declares he is off.

We pull a guild shadow priest in, buff up and kill the bitch.

She was very nice, she gave me another Assassin's Fire Opal and Stellaris - a blue one handed axe (more vendor trash!)

These epic gems are unique equiped so it looks like 1 for my Ret set and 1 for my tank set

I also got some sunfury signets and marks of sargeras and a random green cloth thing.

Tanking Progress:
Badges of Justice: 26
Holy Dust: 9
Aldor Rep: 7824/12000 Honoured
Shatar Rep: 2747/12000 Honoured
Defence: 491
Avoidance: 97.500%
Armour: 14491
HP: 11227
Mana: 4953

No comments: