Monday 26 November 2007

And Tonights Raid is ...

Sunday 25th November 2007

LootReaver.

After a bit of uncertainty whether we'll be doing 2 grps for Kara and/or ZA we have 25 people signed up for the raid so off we pop to Tempest Keep and fight out way to LootReaver.

I am not tanking, although I reckon I could have done, in fact I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have wiped on all the birds just before A'lar's room if I was tanking. Pally AoE tanking rocks!

Even after patch 2.3 I still am to be convinced that paladins can DPS, a guy in "Fucking Tossers" has gone Ret and says it is viable. I will need convincing. I'm on DPS, we have 3 tanks. WTF?
I'm a paladin. I am a PROT paladin. hmmm. At least I can go in and keep Judgement of Light up. But to be honest I was doing that as a holy paladin anyway.

But no, I wasn't tanking, so we wiped and/or ran out several times. In fact I was so sure this was gonna happen I made sure I had a clear shot to the exit and hung back a bit and healed the tanks between swings.

We made it to LootReaver relatively quickly and had some wipes on his trash including one where we still had 2 mechanical demon thingies up and the tank, a pally healer, me and about 2-3 dps were the only ones still alive. Things got very frantic and me and pally healer were going oom pretty fast. I had been healing like a nutter long before someone calls for me to pitch in with the healing, but NicePallyClassLeader pointed out I already was. Well, actually, at the time I was hiding behind a wall with 0 mana and 5% hp, keeping out of LoS of the saw blades and deciding whether to make a run for the door. :P

But back in I went and managed to keep the tank up thanks to some well timed heals on me which gave me enough mana to keep going. We must have been down to tank, me and NicePallyClassLeader by the time the first of the 2 demon thingies went down and moved onto last one. We're about half way through the last one when the rest of the raid, freshly rezzed at graveyard, finally storm in and unleash a maelstrom of pain on the poor bad guy.

..Phew

So we start off the Voidy event and wipe, I manage to run out with about half the raid.

Attempt 2: Takes some time and there are some scary moments when I thought I was gonna die, chugged plenty of pots, healthstones and self-healed but we got through to the end.

He dropped 2 set of Warrior, Priest, Druid T5 shoulders and the Cowl of the Grand Engineer (or whatever) that TiceNits has been after for ages.

I, of course, could use none of this, but I enquired as to whether I earnt any DKP for my trial here the other week. No I didn't.

A fun night.

No comments: