Saturday 24 November 2007

Friday Night Drunken Karazhan Run

Last night we did a late starting Karazhan run at 21:30 (22:30 server time). I tanked (badly) but we got Attumen down, then Moroes, then Maiden and finally went to The Opera Event.

Of course we had the obligatory wipes and I died quite a few time, but we took down the Big Bad Wolf on the second attempt.

And he finally drop Red Riding Hood's Cloak which I have been waiting for forever as an upgrade to Cloak of Whispering Shells for my Healing gear as I am primarily a Holy Paladin at heart!

So the raid leader calls the roll...



...and look at that roll. 93 - woot. But over TS there are two words from the Raid Leader "No HolyWarrior"



WTF???? I won the roll and it goes to the second highest roll. This was a generally Alt run, so why should an alt get the bloody cloak over a main?

OK, I am tankadin at the moment, but that does not change the fact that I am a healer at heart.

I was pissed off. We moved on and I lost all will to do anything. I maybe tanked one of the Money Mobs after that, I sat around watching, taking the cash as they killed mobs, I went afk for a smoke at one point, then wandered off to get another beer and then tanked a ghosty by the back door when I accidentally got to the front of the group and was noticed.

Once I saw the back door open I "red-X'd" TeamSpeak and WoW at the same time to simulate a DC.

I suspect they were giving up for the night anyway, but after a combined 54 gold repair bill and drops totalling 8 Netherweave Cloth and 2 Soul Essences and then being denied the only loot I could use that I won on a fair roll, I'll be fucked if I'm gonna carry on or have happy chat in /guild.

Someone pointed it out, on one of the other blogs that I read, that tanks have the highest repair bills (as proved tonight) and rarely get the thanks for this.

I swallowed a 54 gold expenditure to run Karazhan tonight so that everyone else could get some phat epix and I get no thanks and even denied the only loot that I wanted.

Fuckers.

At least I got 7 badges of justice out of it.

Tanking Progress:
Badges of Justice: 18
Holy Dust: 9
Aldor Rep: 7824/12000 Honoured
Shatar Rep: 2747/12000 Honoured
Defence: 491
Avoidance: 102.827%
Armour: 14491
HP: 11227
Mana: 4953

No comments: