Monday 19 November 2007

Patch 2.3 + Addons + Zul'Aman Run = Nightmare

Wednesday 14th November 2007

Patch 2.3 has hit and the first thing I discovered whilst trying to get up to Ghostlands to explore Zul'Aman was that lots of add-ons are out of date and bombarding the WoW kernel as well as my UI with Lua errors.

Lots of people are complaining of this and it usually results in WoW disabling all add-ons and you're left with Vanilla WoW.

I chose the wrong time to try and configure Nostromo for pally tanking too. I put all my tanky type actions on one action bar and assigned hot keys to them. Then I assigned these keys to my nostromo paladin profile. Then the add-on problem made my WoW crash and when I logged back in the bindings had all reset.

To make matters worse we had already banged the "Harrison Jones" gong and I was trying to tank. FFS!!

So I'm trying to tank, trying to set my key bindings ... errr ... and also trying to get my Righteous Defence macro to work.

I resort to mouse clicking icons :(

So we finally get to the adds for the Bear boss and they can one-hot me! Oh dear! To be fair this is only my second outing as a tankadin and I'm still not used to spamming Holy Shield so it was probably down or on GCD every time I was one-shotted.

Well finally onto the boss, and I'm still not really concentrating and I was one-shotted again.

Bear Boss: Take 2.

OK, this time I am concentrating. Screw threat, I'm putting Devotion Aura up. We get through phase 1 with me tanking and we transfer to phase 2, the bear phase, where the other tank took over; fine so far. Back to human form for phase 3 and I'm told to taunt him back to me, well, NUB that I am I try and taunt with Avengers Shield instead of Righteous Defence. Ooops. Other tank dies.

We tried to reset the event by running down the steps but it bugged and the instance reset. Ouch.

We get back to the last set of boss adds but my target seemed to get an enrage, where he grew in size and one-shotted me again. Ouch.

At which point we crawled out of Zul'Aman with our tails between our legs.

No comments: