Friday 30 November 2007

Main Tank Karazhan

Wednesday 28th November 2007

Tonight the guild had a Zul'Aman run and of course I wasn't invited. But we got a Kara group together and I was main tank.

I'm still not totally confident about assigning targets and pulling, so I let the OT assign.

We knocked out Attumen, after a quick wipe where I couldn't target Attumen for some reason, so he took out the healers pretty fast. Ooops, But on the second attempt he went down easy. 1 Badge of Justice but no bloody Vambraces of Courage :(

Then onto Moroes' room. I managed to pull 2 elites from up against the wall when we weren't quite ready and died pretty quick, but we didn't totally wipe. We had to reset Moroes once because the crowd control went to shit, but once we got that sorted I had him tanked perfectly and even instructed the Off Tank what to do, ie bring his target next to Moroes and get a few hits on the big guy to make sure he was 2nd on aggro list. Another 2 Badges, no good loot.

On the way to Maiden we got a random drop of Boots of Elusion, but I have Ironscar Boots (or whatever) so didn't need them.

We tried with me tanking Maiden but the bitch kept silencing me so no Holy Shield and therefore a 35% drop of avoidance - Ouch! So the OT tanked her while I swapped to healing gear and stuck Blessing of Sacrifice on him so that I got damaged out of silences. 2 Badges and loot I already had.

The last kill of the night was set at Opera. Up we went and we got the Wizard of Oz event. There was lots of confusion over the event because we hadn't discussed strats first before starting the event. I tagged Dorothea first, we burnt her down, then the dog, then Strawman and finally tinman. Have I left someone out.

The crone came along, and more chaotic dpsing and flying round the room happily led to a 1-shot. More luck than judgement? Probably. 2 more badges, no loot worth mentioning.

Back door open.

Well, another 7 badges anyway :)

Tanking Progress:
Badges of Justice: 25
Holy Dust: 9
Aldor Rep: 7824/12000 Honoured
Shatar Rep: 2747/12000 Honoured
Defence: 491
Avoidance: 102.827%
Armour: 14491
HP: 11227
Mana: 4953

No comments: