Tuesday 15 July 2008

Teron GoreFeck Down with Uber Macro

Tonight we are going to try Teron Gorefiend again. I am now confident that I can handle my constructs. I have mastered the simulator and now I have supplied the guild with the Macro from Alex's Blog. Am I gonna be watching Teron like a hawk and hoping I can pop a Divine shield in time? No Sirree, I wanna get them constructs.

The pally tank was assigned to dispell/cleanse and I was to be his back up in case he got constructs. There is a debuff that Teron does that can easily kill you in 2-3 ticks and this has to be dispelled. Especially on people who also have the Shadow of Death. If they die prematurely in the raid then all the constructs will appear mid raid - wipeage!

Attempt #1 - I didn't get the constructs, but TiceNits did. She hadn't put the macro on and because she is using Trinity 2 the possession bar didn't appear. I suspected this would happen as it happened to me the one time I got them and we haven't figured out how to set it up. Apparently with the vanilla interface you 1-10 buttons get overwritten with the possession bar.We wiped at 38% - yes 38% on attempt 1. So much better than 46% which was out best attempt last time.

Attempt #2 - Another good try but someone hasn't got the knack of the constructs yet and they got into the raid. 42% though.

Attempt #3 - This time I did get it. I left the raid pretty early so as to ensure I didn't die prematurely. I had the 2 macros from alex set up on 2 huge buttons near the centre of the screen and hot keyed them. I spammed the volley/shackle macro but the shackles didn't seem to catch or maybe I was just confused about what things looked like. It was a bit odd to be be a ghost, and I didn't realise it was me for a while. I shot ahead of them and started spamming macro #2. I had to change direction a bit and move to ensure any runners were the ones that were gonna get chosen by the macro, but the nearest they got to the raid was the top of the steps. Unfortunately, someone else's got loose, I killed 1 or 2 of them but we wiped at 10%!!

Attempt #4 - Other people have been using Alex's macros and advised the whole guild to get them, so looks like it really is a good macro! I got it again. This time the shackles did work, maybe I was just impatient with the cooldown last time. I killed all of mine and and then went and got lots of someone else's! I don't know how far we got him down on this attempt, but it seemed to be over halfway.

Attempt #5 - I died quite early on but got combat rezzed and managed to keep on going. Someone with the Shadow of Death debuff also caught the other debuff and wasn't cleansed in time. Constructs in raid! I managed to DI someone when wipe was imminent. 16% for this try.

Attempt # 6 - The first lot of constructs got free and wiped us but we still managed to get Teron down to an amazing 60%!

Attempt #7 - I got constructs again and killed all of mine, I have now also macro'd the debuff for Teron, so went and slammed that on him too. Then I went back and killed all of someone else's constructs with them and still had to wait around to die. When I died I realise I had a soulstone so I was back up and healing the raid again! And then Teron Gorefeck died!!! :)

2 more badges, 94 badges in total! So close to getting the Ecclesiastical Cuirass!!

But ... GORFIEND DOWN!!!

1 comment:

Alex - aka Firelight said...

Grats dude!!

We were given the macro's by someone from one of the top guilds in our realm - they're a live saver!!