Wednesday 16 July 2008

Patch 2.4.3 LAWL

Today patch 2.4.3 hit. The main thing of interest to me is that you now get mounts at level 30 for 35 gold!! OK it doesn't really effect me as I have only got 3 characters below level 40. My priest, which is at level 35, may at some point get levelled. My druid at level 27 which has even less chance of getting levelled and my hunter who is about level 10 has bugger all chance of getting levelled.

1200 gold for a Haris Pilton bag? Screw that, go grind 160 Oshu'gun dusts or whatever for the Halaa Supply Bag.

Nether Fry non-combat pet with Shatari Skyguard exalted. Woot. Not.

Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress. I guess this is what Nibuca was saying about equipping your Librams after you start the spell cast. Oh well. Change those macros.

Curse of Shadows and Curse of Elements now rolled into one. Nice. But less locks in raids presumably.

Demon Skin/Armour and Fel Armour are no longer magic so cannot be dispelled. Hehehe!

Zoning into an instance on a PvE realm will now drop your PvP flag. - Woot!

Green quality gems can be found in mining nodes again. The drop rate of blue gems from mining nodes remains unchanged. i didn't even realise they'd stopped dropping until I read the notes a while back!

Removed the cooldown from regular Mooncloth. Bollocks. The price is bound to drop and I forget to use all my felcloth up :( But maybe felcloth price will increase. SOmething to look into.

Clockwork Robot Bots fight amongst themselves again. Cool, taking mine to raids again then!

Pendant of the Violet Eye: This item will again work correctly with Holy Light and Flash of Light. Didn't know it was broken. Sat in bank since I got it though as I think it's crap!

The help interface has been simplified dramatically. Excellent.

Time Management features have been implemented! WTF?

Added key bindings for tab targeting players. EH?

First Aid bandages can no longer be applied to a player with the Recently Bandaged debuff. Could they before?

The quest turn-ins for the Ahn'Qiraj war effort now give the appropriate amount of credit for each successful quest turn-in. There are still realms with the gates closed? WTF?

Undocumented: Apparently AnEnema has been accidently nerfed. He has stopped dropping Infernals. Expect a hot fix soon!

I haven't gone to check it out yet, but apparently there is some work going on in Stormwind to build a harbour. Preparation for WotLK?

The patch did some funny things to my addons and I lost all my macros. Annoyed. I rewote most of my macros and reset up my UI. I then relogged to save the changes and the old ones were back and UI was back to how it was. Wierd.

TiceNits had an even stranger issue. Some of her mounts (the flying ones of course) and trinkets and potions would come up with the tooltip "Retrieving Item Information" and she could no use them. We disabled all her addons and brought 1 back at a time. We got them all reactivated and the issue never returned.

I took EvilBastard over to Nagrand and finally got my Consortium rep up to Friendly with some Crystal Fragments and got my July Gems. Then I ground out some obsidian warbeads to get some more rep. Hopefully Honoured will give me better gems. At friendly he got 3 or 4 Green gems.

Then I finally respecced him from my custom 42/0/19 randomly created build to a cookie cutter 44/0/17 Affliction build. Lost instant Howl of Terror but gained 2 points in Suppresion decreasing my miss/resist chance on affliction spells. Also picked up the Shadow Embrace thingy which is good for raiding apparently.

No comments: