Tuesday 1 July 2008

More Teron Gorefiend Fun

Anyway, so we enter Black Temple and fight our way through Shade of Akama's trash and then start him up once we spend about half an hour going through tactics - Grrr!

Out new Tankadin says that if the bracers drop he'll be uncrushable - err WTF??? I am already uncrushable and working on replacing excess avoidance and defence with +stamina. Grrrr!

It doesn't start well and the new tankadin screws up somehow, I don't really know, but he wasn't breaking sheep or something. We wipe as the Shade gets to Akama. He gets a good reeming from NicePallyClassLeader about it in public - not the way I would handle it but funny for everyone else!! Maybe I'll get to tank sooner rather than later!

So we start it again and get him down this time. He drops some nice tanking boots and some leather crap and 2 badges each. Of course I can only bid minimum on those boots so I obviously don't win them!

Onwards and upwards we head to Teron Gorefiend's room. We clear trash and start him up. This time I am right on the main tanks heels and manage to keep him alive till the other healers arrive. I have moved my unit frames around a little so that I can see when he casts Shadow of Death and then immediately see if I am in the target of target frame. These frames are placed just above grid so I can keep a close eye on them.

I also moved my Divine shield onto the button on my Nostromo next to my heal button. The idea is that if he targets me and starts casting Shadow of Death then if I hit Divine Shield fast enough I can avoid having to do the construct killing.

Anyway so we are into the fight and TiceNits gets targetted instead of me, she was planning the same thing and manages to Ice Block before it hits and avoids the debuff. (Rogues can Cloak of Shadows too). Second time round though she misses, or Ice Block is on cooldown and does get it!

Other people get it every 30 seconds over the course of the fight and pretty soon someone's constructs reach the raid and wipe us.

We have another 3 or 4 attempts at him and still people's constructs reach the raid and wipe us. Each time though I never get the debuff so I can't tell if I can be quick enough. The main tank and I are always in the last few left standing though!

I did DI a pally who was stood right next to him though, lol, what a waste. The best we did was probably the last attempt where we got him down to 46%.

The key to this fight is that he will cast Shadow of Death on random people. You have 55 seconds before this buff will kill you. Once dead you are a ghost for 60 seconds and 4 Shadowy Constructs spawn at your dead body. As a ghost you have a new cast bar with several abilities on it. Everyone must be able to control (read: kill) all 4 of their constructs before they reach the raid, because they will wipe it!!

The generally accepted tactic is to use Spirit Volley which does some AoE damage to all of them and then use Spirit Chains to shackle them. Then tab through them using Spirit Lance which damages them and slows them down and using Spirit Volley if the CD finishes.

If you kill yours you can help anyone else who has constructs up or go and put a debuff on Gorefiend* or heal* friendly players.

Check out the Flash Mini Game to get an idea of how to handle your constructs.

*Writing that from memory, will have to check that an edit it tonight.

No comments: