Monday 21 July 2008

My Last Five Hours of WoW

I'm late on the band wagon for this one. Scenario: Blizzard have gone bust or something, BRK probably sued them over a Hunter Nerf or something, and all the servers are being turned off in 5 hours. What are you gonna do?

My first instinct was to say nothing; nothing in WoW anyway. The instant an end point is put on WoW then what is the point in playing? The whole addictive nature of WoW is down to there being no "real" end to the game. OK, you could kill Kil'Jaeden, but you're not going to stop playing then are you? No, you're gonna farm him, then you're gonna PvP a bit, or you're gonna level an alt ... Whatever.

But once you say "that's it" then what is the point? You have lost all incentive to work towards that all but impossible goal, whatever it is. Why bother. The addiction is broken, Bye Bye WoW!! Hello ... err ... Hello Kitty!

But then I thought "There is one thing I would want to do". Two Fingers to Blizz. I'd do all the things that I wouldn't dare doing at risk of getting perma-banned. I'd research and carry out whatever exploits I could.

Especially GM Island. That's what I'd do, I'd go to GM Island. Then I'd log off and go to the pub and reclaim my social life.

No comments: