Wednesday 12 December 2007

Xmas Food >> Raiding

Monday night was yet more christmas dinner goodness so no raiding for me, although I did manage to bash out another Aldor Rep quest so that is progressing nicely. Will update my rep tally when I get home later.

I have also been doing some more research into tanking gear in light of the fact that those bloody Vambraces of Courage never bloody drop from Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan.

I found Badge Rewards - Sidegrades? over on Zen Tanking. Thanks for that Everlight. Luckily the only badge reward I want, Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx, is the only one that is rated better on all counts than the Attumen bracers, regardless of that, I'm not even looking at an upgrade from tank to tank piece, the bracers are the only tanking pieces that I have that is not a tanking piece, it's my healing Justicar Gloves. So all is good. And as for Everlight's last comment on the Lootreaver bracers - with my DKP looking the way it is I am unlikely to be seeing those bad boys on my wrists for quite some time!!

I have still not done an overall calculation of how my tanking stats go up with the Orgrilla Aegis as opposed to my Tryptiach Shield of the Ancients, or even if they do. I will lose 1K of armour and a few block points (although the tool tip is unclear whether this is block rating or block value). But I can socket it with a couple of red gems which should boost stamina if I don't need to stack any more avoidance.

Next up there is mention of a cloak, now I have the Ironscale War Cloak which may last me a while so I may spend badges on healing stuff instead, I'll have to check the cloak stats at home later. That is if I can find and good healing upgrades from badges rewards.

Regardless, it looks like I'll be going on yet another gem spending spree, hopefully I can drop quite a bit of defence and parry (because new pieces will have more defence on them and because parry "alledgedly" can increase boss attack speed) and boost stamina and block (or is it dodge? - see next post)

2 comments:

Ardent Defender said...

You should download and install the addons: Tankpoints & Ratingbuster both. They kinds do the same thing and compare gear stats and show you how much stats one piece of gear adds over another. Best to have both though. With tankpoints installed I find you can look at your profile stats in game and on your very bottom stats below spell stats you will see one for tankpoints and it shows you some stats there including your total block value.

A high parry rating can be good and bad. Good in that you can parry lots of attack and avoid damage in melee and your next hit on swing timer is speed up by half the time I think can't remember exact number. However the flip side to that is when facing bosses that have a high parry rate in melee themselves they now parry you. In doing so that boss next hit comes faster on parrying you. Thats what happens on prince encounter thus burst damage if its not avoided. Thats about all It does.

MarcusMaximi said...

yeah, seen tanl points and ratings buster on a pally blog (probably yours ! :) )

May give that a go.

Still unsure of parry, very tempted to drop all parry for dodge if I can - better avoidance for your money :)