Sunday 23 December 2007

Alts and Crap Laptop

Was on the lappie again friday night and saturday so not a lot done due to the constant crashing.

Had 2 horrendous pugs trying to do SM Library for mage quests for my level 39 Mage, Arcanite. But a lvl 61 hunter wanted the scarlet key so I told him he could solo it easy and I went in on his coat tails :)

Got Mythology of the Titans, Mage Quest, 2 bosses and scarlet key. Then the rest of the group I was in arrived and we tried to do Armoury. The healer and I clearly knew what we were doing, but the rest were assholes.

Target Moon, sheep, re-sheep, re-sheep, re-sheep, shout athunter to get his dam pet of the sheep, re-sheep, shout at tank to attack skull not sheep, re-sheep, re-sheep, Ding 40, hearthstone out.

PS the Rogue had some fun, got some more quests in Un'Goro done and someone was asking for help with Blazerunner. I was a few steps back inthe quest chain, but he said he could carry on questing while I popped up to Felwood and back to Tanaris to get them done.

It took a while as laptop kept crashing; I'm sure it's overheating so I took it outside and did the grind. It must have been 0 Celsius. The things I do for WoW! It even crashed once outside. Well I got that done and dinged 57 in the process, I got back to Un'Goro and we took out Blazerunner. He reset at one point, dunno how, but it was lucky as I had accidently equuipped the totem instead of using it. DOH! and the level 54 priest was out of mana healing me.

HolyWarrior also got some dailies done, so thats another 100-odd gold.

He also picked up Fanblade Pauldrons the other day. So now I have to think about whether to replace Warchief's Mantle and re-gem. This may give me some more leeway with the defence and replace another +4 defence with more stamina though :)

I'll have a bit of a think later when I've got my dailies done and bought my mage a mechanostrider.

2 comments:

Shorsha said...

The pain of laptops. I understand very well. A few times WoW just started running at less than 10 fps after I left my laptop on for, oh, 3 days straight in a warm room. Unavoidable, I died quite often with that <10 fps and random freezes.

Do you use a cooler for it? I actually bought one, and it helps prolong the non-freezing life, but in the end I used it instead to cool my USB modem.

I wish I didn't plug my monitor off my desktop. Now I'm too lazy to replug it again :(

MarcusMaximi said...

lol. No I don't use a cooler, might try that, thanks.

Was thinking of pointing a desk fan at the exhaust ports :)