Monday 10 December 2007

Morogrim Tidewalker and Uber Healing

Last night we finally fielded the second raid of the week into SSC and Target: Morogrim Tidewalker got going. This time we were over-subscribed so the DPS classes had to rolll for places, not the fairest way of doing it I suppose but, this guild does a lot of things in an arse-about-face fashion.

Luckily as usual we didn't have too many healers so I'm guaranteed a spot.

We clear our way to Morogrim with a lol-wipe and then a body pull on Morogrim himself but luckily we have DI's a plenty and soulstones thrown out for good measure.

We give him a few goes and each go gets better and better, but we didn't really get much progress on him. I suggested that we really need a pally tanking the murloc adds, I would be perfect, swap on some tanking gear and AoE tank, but alas we didn't have enough healers as it was, so we just took them on ad-hoc.

It wasn't the murlocs that wiped us anyway, it was the spike damage on the main tank, he died, we all died. Not quite the Uber Healing as mentioned in the post title, but I'll get on to that...

What was great was that for the first time ever I remembered to reset Omen and I could see that right up until the end I was top of the healing meter and then I only dropped by 0.4% into second spot to NicePallyClassLeader.

Looking at the data it also looked like NPCL was spamming Holy Light on the MT, so that is why she overtook me. I asked her if she was going OOM and indeed she was and was having to chug mana pots, whereas I was still on 50-75% having used no mana pots and kept up almost 100% constant FoL on MT and across the whole raid.

So if I throw in the odd Holy Light then I will knock her off the top spot again and will still maintain masses of mana to ensure I can get through the whole fight.

I suspect when we survive longer on him that NPCL will go OOM and have pots on cooldown so my mana efficiency will put me back on top spot anyway.

I am going to keep a closer eye on those healing meters from now on. Yes, they can have the same effect as damage meters so I am not letting on to anyone that I'm looking at it and starting a healing war that may actually damage the raid healing.

What was even better was when I checked the over-heal report, which can indicate healing meter chasing, and whilst I was top of the actual healing, my over-heal was at 8-ish % and down at 5th position, with NPCL up at first.

I really am getting to be a bloody good healer...and modest with it - hehe!!

When I was raiding with "Fucking Tossers" I was plagued with being 4th or 5th on the healing and suffered chronic over-heal. I haven't really got much more bonus healing, although I am now on 1705 and with epic orange gem and meta gem hope to boost that to 1725, but what I have got is Grid, a great addon that I have mentioned before, but have to mention again.

The name plates are compatible with my mouse over healing macros and the green dot really does seem to indicate that someone is being healed, and that is what has cut my overheal down, and that is all good for the raid.

Enough of this disjointed blog post, I have another Christmas Party tonight so no raiding, but I may get some more Aldor rep done.

No comments: