Saturday 1 December 2007

Holy Paladin Gem Problems

Last night I started looking at socketting my shiny new Tier 4 Helm, its got a meta slot and a red slot.

But first I threw the Lesser Arcanum of Rumination on it which I've been saving for this for ages, and also because my Sha'tar rep is not enough for the grea head enchant, or is it Aldor rep? who knows :)

So lets look to socketing. I picked up Royal Tanzanite last week so that should be ideal. In it goes.

Off to the auction house to look for meta gems ... Nothing really useful and what there was required a certain number of this colour gem and that colour gem. Hmmm a problem here; most of my gear is Karazhan healing epics and guess what, not one single item has a gem socket :(

So, I woke up this morning and straight onto the Auction House and found this little beauty for 120 gold (Ouch! Full set of dailies need to recoup that) Bracing Earthstorm Diamond.

Now for some reason I though the Royal Tanzanite was an orange gem, ie red and yellow, which would meet the stupid requirements of "more red than blue gems" and "more yellow than blue gems", hmmm, It's purple, so it's back to square 1. I need an Orange gem to activate the meta.

I have 2 choices both of which include getting an orange gem.

1) Get a piece of gear with a red or yellow slot and socket an orange gem I don't have.
2) Replace the Royal Tanzanite with an orange gem I don't have.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!

No comments: