Tuesday 5 February 2008

Morogrim Turdlicker Down

Morogrim finally went down tonight.

We cleared to him and then we somehow pulled the last patrol early and the raid started going down, I popped a DI on NicePallyClassLeader and announced it in TeamSpeak. To which there was a few comments of why so early?

I looked at my grid frames and dead people were alive again, combat rez FTW. I'm thinking "Oops, I've done it again" when Morogrim's fat foot starts stomping on people.

A recovery from a bad trash pull may have been possible with 1 pally not self-sacrificed and one in a 3 minute long impenetrable bubble, but a recovery from the Morogrim lol-pull is probably nigh on impossible!

I checked the WWS report and in the first 5 seconds of the fight both priests, 1 holy pally and the main OT were dead before I noticed the MT go down and spammed DI. That fight was only reported with 16/25 members so even more may have died!

So, looks like I did the right thing without even realising. Well I'm not going to disavow anyone in the guild of that opinion anyway.

So second attempt and I have supposedly been assigned raid healing. Our pally murloc tank goes down. I am told I was supposed to be healing him. I challenge anyone to find that little tidbit of information in the chat logs. No-one comes back with a clever answer.

Third attempt, I know I am healing murloc tank, but it's been a long time since I read up on this, all is going well and Morogrims health dives below 25%, there is pandemonium in TS with shouts of "To the Wall" etc, I've no clue whats going on and assume a wipe is imminent and we're getting into Ressing range, but we keep on fighting in the entrance to the Doorway and we wipe at 6% - SIX PERCENT.

Reason: At 25% the Water Globules appear, if you move all the raid into the corridor behind the tanking spot then you can ignore them.

Lesson Learnt: Re-read fight strats before raid, don't trust to memory of reading strats months ago!

So, attempt 4 goes well until at about 30% the murloc tank gets watery graved just as the murlocs turn up. I didn't know that was possible! Anyway wipe quickly follows.

Attempt 5: Textbook. He dropped:

Band of the Vigilant
Gnarled Chestpiece of the Ancients
Pauldrons of the Argent Sentinel - which I won for 41 DKP - probably a waste - LOL

Anyway, after our first ever kill of Morogrim we went on to wipe twice on Karathress. That was fun. :)

Before tonight I was 6th in the DKP standings, now I am 6th=

No comments: