Friday 31 August 2007

Void Reaver and new addons

Thursday 30th August 2007 - Void Reaver 3

I missed the 2nd abortive attempt on Void Reaver aka Loot Reaver on Tuesday and today's attempt was over-subscribed but TiceNits and I were in the final 25 to go.

I finished off my Blades Edge Mountains daily quests and was at the Eye for raid start time.

I have just installed PallyPower and Recount.

First off, Recount is a great raid meter. it gives all kinds of details, but for me the healing meter was great, it made me concentrate on trying to out heal the other healers and therefore be a better healer. For me as a paladin thatis good as we have huge threat reduction on healing. We had 3 priests, 3 paladins and 1 dedicated druid healer. I started off above the other pallies and fighting for 4th place with the druid. By the end of the raid I was down at the bottom of the pallies. I think this was purely because I was running away from orbs too much and too far.

Secondly, PallyPower. Now I think this is a must for raiding. One of the healers, or indeed anyone, that is set as a raid assistant can enter config mode and set what all the paladins buff and even set alternative lesser blessings, ie Put Greater Blessing of Light but put normal Blessing of Salvation on a DPS warrior. The great thing about this for the paladin user is that you get a window and you mouse over the class and it shows all the players assigned to that class and whether they are in range. Left click and you cast the main buff on all the class. Right clickover a specific player and you cast the assigned normal blessing. This made my life so much easier.

We enter the Eye and manage not to wipe on the birds. Good start. In fact we clear all the way to Void Reaver without a wipe.

We start on Void Reaver and we are not doing too bad. Once it is obvious that he is going to enrage before we down him most people run for the door to reset him. I am stuck on the far side of the room and I pop Divine Shield and stick to the outside of the ring AND HE RESETS!!! Now that is a bonus.

Well, anyway, we have to reset him 4 times and we're getting better and better. 5th time I am throwing Holy Shocks at him at every opportunity and we are ahead of schedule on each check point. Towards the end I am throwing Hammer of Wrath at him too . He has 20 seconds till enrage and he is at 4%. We throw everything we have at him and I run in and start Consecrating and meleeing him as well. He dropped dead at about 1 second to enrage. OMG - We killed Void Reaver!!!

We line up for the mandatory screenshot then have a look at the loot.

A hunter gets Void Reaver Greaves, a RaidWanker blows all his DKP on Tier 5 Shoulders Pauldrons of the Vanquished Hero and the rogue, paladin, shaman Tier 5 token, Pauldrons of the Vanquished Champion, also drops. I have a look at the DKP page and see that our paladin class leader, Chico, has way more DKP than me (because I blew all mine on my Tier 4 leggings!) and a rogue has more than me. The other rogue is well down the list so I tactically bid 1 more DKP than the other rogue. I guess that the top rogue will bid 1 more than me and that the Pally class leader will bid 1 more than the top rogue.

Well, Quelle Surprise, that's what happens.

So we pop off to Gruul's Lair, Main Tank goes down and we pop back in for a second try. And take High King Maulgar down easy.

He drops 2 sets of Mage, Warlock, Hunter Tier 4 Shoulders, Pauldrons of the Fallen Hero, and TiceNits blows all her DKP on them and bags a set! He also drops Hammer of the Naaru. I haven't won anything yet so I reckon I may as well try and get this for my DPS gear! I throw in a minimum bid and win them.

Gonna load up all my DPS gear now and go do the daily quests. See what happens when a holy spec Paladin roams around in DPS gear!

And the best bit? My durability only dropped to 86% with an inherent 2 gold repair bill. Nice cheap night!

No comments: