Tuesday 14 August 2007

First Karazhan and now Gruul's Lair

Thrusday 26th July 2007 - Gruul's Lair 1

In four days I have gone from a raid-noob in blues and greens, to having some respectable healing epics from my first ever Karazhan and now we're off to Gruul's Lair!

What next? Black Temple on Sunday?

So, here I am prepared for another guild wipe fest on High King Maulgar with a team of only 23 out of 25 raiders. This doesn't bode well.

So, I am assigned as secondary healer to the Mage tanking {insert mage mob name}. Spam Flash of Light and get ready for a Holy Light when shield goes down!

First couple of tries my mage dies, succeeded by raid wipes. I sometimes managed to shield up and run out the door.

Another couple of tries and the Main Tank dies, then next thing I know is my mage running past me and heading for the door, so I hot foot it after him!

Another couple of tries, and the mage target is down, but a lot of the rest of the raid is dead or dying so more wipes.

At about attempt six or seven the mage target is down, followed by all the rest of the Kings adds followed eventually by High King Maulgar!

So, onto Gruul the Dragonkiller next. Cave ins and Shatters take their toll and we give up after getting him down to 24% or so.

WOOT! My first venture into Gruul's Lair and the guild's first boss kill in there! It must have been down to my leet healing skills!

No comments: