Wednesday 15 August 2007

And The Other Bosses?

Sunday 5th August 2007 - Karazhan 4

Tonight I got to see the rest of the Karazhan bosses.

First we kicked off with The Opera Event and I get to see Romulo and Julianne, managed to get a wipe in before downing them on the second attempt. The mage, lets call him RaidWanker, didn't know to spell steal from Julianne and she kept healing herself or Romulo just before one of them went down. The trick with this fight is 1) Down Julianne. 2) Down Romulo 3) They both come back and you have to down them both together. If you don't kill them within 10 seconds of each other they come back for more. Anyway, I (the noob) informed RaidWanker of this for the 2nd try and it went well.

Off to take Nightbane out. Again, downed first time. Here we stayed on one side of him and when he dropped charred earth we all ran through his back legs to the other side. When he takes off every 25% we all run to the main tank until the skeletons start falling, at which point we take them out and then return to Nightbane when he lands again. He dropped a couple of tanking bits for me here, Panzar'thar Breastplate and Ironstriders of Urgency.

Next to fall was the Curator, pretty standard fare here and he dropped Wryn Dynasty Greaves, more tanking stuff for me!

I may have got the order confused for the next three, but it's near enough.

So we took a look at Terestian Illhoof, and took him out easy. Nice. Thing here is once in a while he shackles someone, this person needs healing quickly and all DPS needs to go on the chains to destroy them. Also a warlock is required to put Seed of Corruption on Illhoof once imps start portalling in so that all the firebolts go to the warlock.

Another pop at The Chess Event, still don't really seem to be able to do much, but we won anyway.

We then despatched Shade of Aran without too much trouble and moved onto Netherspite - Again, another first for me but I had read up on the encounter. Now we had a little problem here and this is where I learnt a valuable lesson. What the raid leader wants the raid leader gets. If the raid leader wants you to run the encounter naked - that is what you do. Now I had read up that all the beams need to be interrupted and rotated between raiders so that Netherspite never gets a beam and the players get the most benefit / least reduction from them. However this team were planning to only do the blue and red beams and leave the green beam on Netherspite. Now the green beam heals him for lots at an increasing rate each tick, so that clearly is not a good beam to ignore. Someone was also saying the phase lasts 2 minutes so we didn't have enough people to rotate and wouldn't listen to me telling them it was only 90 seconds. I mentioned this several times on Teamspeak and was eventually told to shut up. At which point I lost interest, we wiped several times and I ended up standing by the wall throwing the occasion heal out randomly and waited for each inevitable wipe.

On the upside I did get to increase my stock of tanking gear!

No comments: