Wednesday 15 August 2007

Not the Perfect End to Karazhan Raiding

Tuesday 14th August 2007 - Karazhan 6

So, as the guild want to progress onto Serpentshrine Cavern this will be the last official raid into Karazhan. We will continue to raid it on off days to farm gear but as of midnight tonight it's "Goodbye Karazhan"

Now this is slightly annoying because I still need the quest drops from The Shade of Aran and from Prince Malkbazarebits, but hopefully I'll get them tonight.

This raid progresses on from Sundays raid where we took down Moroes, Romulo and Julianne and the Curator but got butt-whipped by Nightbane and Aran.

First off we went back to Nightbane, but after he spanked us again 4 or 5 times we called that one. OK, then, we'll spank Shade of Aran. Nope 3 wipes later and it's repair time, so we clear the way to the Consortium repair guy to repair. While we're here we do the Chess Event which I still can't get the hang of, but I took down a wolf and we won. Loot for me? Nope!

So, back to Shade of Aran and several more wipes later we decide to give up and go do some easier bosses. This is really frustrating because we have taken him down easily several times.

Off to Attumen the Hunter and we take him down pretty easy but no drops for me.

We now have 22 minutes until midnight so it's a mad dash to Maiden of Virtue. This gives me hope to avoid a loot-less night because she does drop one of my must have items. An epic Healing Mace.

18 minutes to midnight and we're nearly there when I agrro a whole bunch of trash from a side room, oops! No problem, we spank them and move on.

14 minutes to midnight, we start on Maiden and ... wipe very quickly! What is going on?

8 minutes to midnight, last chance on Maiden. And she goes down like a cheap hooker in Soho. What drops? My mace, that is what! Loot master calls out needers and the new druid rolls a 75! My heart quickens as I can see MY mace quickly slipping away from me. I steel myself and /roll .... 80 WOOT! I loot it and the clock ticks 00:00

So 30 gold in repairs and only 1 epic, but boy was it the right epic - Shard of the Virtuous !!!

All I need now is 1 more large prismatic shard and a couple more primal lifes and primal waters and I can get a +81 healing enchant put on it. The whole combo boosting my healing by another 200

Edit 16/08/2007: TiceNits gave me the shard and primal lifes I needed so I went farming the water elementals in Skettis. I needed 6 Primal Waters which means 60 Motes of Water. After an hour of farming I now have 4 Primal Waters to go. They go for 21 gold each on our server, so I will see how many I can farm before the Gruul raid tonight then just buy the rest.

No comments: