Friday 24 August 2007

Grull Down

Thursday 23rd August 2007 - Gruul's Lair

19:00 Still sat outside waiting for people

19:20 Enter Gruul's Lair

19:40 High King Maulgar is down

19:50 People are back after going to socket their new phat epix loot

20:05 Start Gruul the Dragonslayer fight

20:15 Sat around Gruul's dead body celebrating.

My Teir 4 legs token dropped and I'm up against 1 rogue and 2 pallies for it. This doesn't bode well for me, but I suddenly think: "check the DKP table" and lo and behold both the other pallies have less DKP than me but the rogue has the same.

Time comes to whisper our DKP bids to loot master - I say "MAX bid" -I don't care if I go down to zero DKP - I'm not likely to get anything else in the near future and I'll earn DKP for tonight anyway.

I have a 50% chance of winning if the rogue bid MAX too! It seemed to take forever to announce the winner, but I got it! WOOT!

So whilst everyone is deciding whether to continue SSC or go to Magtheridon I go to Shattrath and check out the holy legs I can buy.

I am currently wearing mail legs with sockets adding to a +4 intellect socket bonus +27 healing +4 mp5 and +3 intellect Heart Flame Leggings - believe it or not I will lose a total of 29 healing by equipping my Tier 4 legs. However I will gain about 700 armour and a bit of Stamina and Intellect and I'll get a Stamina or Intellect enchant thrown on them if there are no healing ones. edit: DOH can't enchant legs methinks. maybe some cobrascale armour or something!

On top of that the set(2) bonus of +20 to Judgement of Light will mitigate the -29 healing as I do spend a lot of time next to the main tank healing from melee and this +700 armour and increased crit chance will help me with this.

Whilst I was comparing sets the rest of the raid were clearing the trash leading to Magtheridon, they also wiped too. Ooops!

By the time I get there we are ready for Maggy and we give him a go. The first attempt results in getting 1 of his adds down before he releases and getting him down to 99% LOL, but after several wipes we are working on his 4th add as he releases.

Every time I am the last to go down and my assigned tank is the second last one!!

Very good evening.

No comments: