Tuesday 14 August 2007

More Epics Than You Can Shake a Stick At!

Sunday July 22nd 2007 - Karazhan 1

Today is 14th August, what I am going to try and do is record what happened in all the raids I have been in up until now, and then record the raid details live from now on.

So, my first ever proper raid. What Happened?

I turned up on time, with potions and 100% armour (blues and a green set of shoulders!) a good start.

First we took down Moroes easy, heal everyone and try to slam Blessing of Protection on healers if they get garrotted. First boss and my first level 70 epic, although only mail and drops my already woefully bad armour level it does give me a very nice +healing boost Belt of Gale Force.

Opera Event - We got The Wizard of Oz. I was quiet worried about this before hand because I had seen TiceNits wipe on Romulo and Julianne many times when she was raiding with "Fist Me Nicely". As it turned out we downed them all very easy, the Crone popped up, I got whirlwinded across the room, and then she got DPS'd down real quick. No drops for me though.

The Curator - now that's some weird mofo, I loved his voice!! He also went down first time. Still no loot for me though!

Shade of Aran - Walked in the room, event started, 3 seconds later I was dead, Aran went down pretty quick but I made the mistake of releasing so had to run all the way back rather than being ressed! As I was running back there was talk of another piece of loot for me. After a few hairy moments of "OMG, I released so I can't loot" the little twinklies appeared above him and I picked up Pauldrons of the Justice Seeker. Now we're talking. Plate healing gear. Lovely.

Chess Event - This was confusing, I couldn't control it to start with, then turned my pet bar back on but often it didn't seem to want to do what I was telling it. Still we won and I won Heart Flame Leggings not too shabby at all.

Prince Malkalkyzar(whatever!!) - Well, this is where the wipes started, I'd say we were unlucky with the Infernal drops, but having read up on the fight a lot of people say it is not luck really, more a question of moving Prince around so there is always an escape route from the infernal drops. We wiped a few times here and then called it at the usual call time of Midnight server time.

All in all a very rewarding and exciting first foray into Karazhan and raiding in general. Except for 29/07/2007 this was my best haul of healing epics.

No comments: