Tuesday 10 June 2008

First Sight of Teron Gorefiend

We went back to Black Temple after killing Akama on Sunday. Target: Teron Gorefiend.

Took us nearly an hour to get to him and then we wiped on the first set of Shadow Death debuffs :)

I had played the flash game which can be found at some random danish or german site and was scared about it cos I couldn't win the game :P

Luckily paladins can Bubble and Mages Ice block as he is casting the debuff and they won't get it. Rogues can probably do CloS too.

So we start the second attempt and the MT dies in about 5 seconds - oops! One of the pallies puts DI on me but it hits just after the Shadow Death de-buff hits me.

The raid wipes and some poeple get out to reset it (maybe) and we wait out the debuff to see if it kills me.

Yes, Shadow Death burns through Divine Intervention and kills you and summons the constructs.

NicePallyClassLeader obviously didn't hear the chat on TS and having successfully reset she runs back in just as I die!! Hahahhaha! Classic wipe #2

So on attempt #3 I died pretty early on to normal damage/normal debuff and eventually we wiped on 48%

Wipe #4 - MT got 2 shotted right at the start. :(

Wipe #5 (2 hours in) first set of constructs got us!

Wipe #6 I got the Shadow Death but I hot-keyed them wrong so they didn't work and I wiped the raid.

Wipe #7 again someone let the constructs get to the raid :(

Wipe #8 - yawn, another quick one and this time I DI NicePallyClassLeader right at the top of the steps. In range of Gorefiend? Oh Yes! hahaha.

Analysis: The cast time for shadow death is pretty fast so you'd have to be really on the ball to spot the target change, then spot that he is casting the debuff rather than something else and then hit your bubble or ice block. I didn't manage it.

No comments: