Tuesday 14 August 2018

How to Hand in The Guidance of Our Shan'do after BfA Launch

TL;DR -Skip to the bottom to find out how to hand the quest in.

So, as the lead up to expansion launch I was frantically finishing up all the World Quests and pre-launch quests on all my alts. I got most of the way through but there were a few characters that I hadn't finished. I was on my hunter and all the mobs disappeared at around 00:20 server time. I was dual boxing and the same happened to my lock. Still had the hunter, shaman and warrior on account #1 to do and all characters on account #2 :(

So, I gave it up as a loss and moved onto Marcusmaxmi to begin BeefAss.

Then I was watching levelling tips on you tube as I'm levelling Marcusmaximi and I see about the XP gem Insightful Rubelite. So I hop onto the Shammy to go mining and she's in Darkshore and all the World Quests are still active.

Not only that, she's at the same stage of the quests as the Hunter was when the mobs and quests disappeared, and the two named mobs are up, and people are still questing in the area.

I complete all the quests and get as far as the Malfurion backstab cut scene. I go AFK while that pans out and when I come back the Hippogryph is not there and all the WQs are gone. I fly out of the immediate area thinking Zidormi can reset it, but no. But then everything re-appears. I fly back to the cutscene area and the Hippogryph is flying back to the mound.

So I jump on the bird, start flying to Darnassus, but then get ported back to Lor'Danel. Damm, I think, I can't finish the chain.

So I try and fly to Darnassus but you get halfway there and there is an invisible wall. Double Damn!

I'm asking in general, I'm searching wowhead, and no solutions. Then someone suggests talking to Zidormi so you can get to Rutheran Village.

OK, I'll try that, but I'm thinking that Darnassus will also be in the pre-burning version and Gina Greymane (or whatever her name is) wont be there to hand the quest in to...

TL;DR: The Solution

Talk to Zidormi at 48.10 25.69 to reset Darkshore to pre-burning. Go to Lor'Danel flight path and get the flight to Rutheran Village. When you're nearly there the sky goes dark and Teldrassil starts burning then you get the message "You cannot abandon your duty, return to Darnassus" and you get ported into the burning version of Darnassus. Now you can hand the quest in and finish the chain.

No comments: