Wednesday 8 December 2010

Clitachasm Day 1

6th December 2010
16:00 - Game rang me to tell me they were having a 'midnight' opening. I already knew this. I had confirmed this with them before putting a deposit down on my Collectors Edition. If they weren't opening at midnight I was simply going to wait for the delivery from Amazon with my backup CE which will now go on eBay!!

The good thing though was the shop was actually opening at 22:30 and Cata would go on sale at 23:00 so it was in line with CET and server midnight!! Woot!

The other good thing about this Game shop is that it is inside a shopping mall which is open 24 hours, so no waiting outside in freezing temperatures. And they were freezing: -7c to be exact.

22:45 - About to leave for Game when the wife rings (we're staying at in-laws while heating/rewire/kitchen is done) and says the baby is wake. Then she remembers the midnight opening and lets me go.

22:55 - Finally I'm on the road ad the car tells me it's -7c outside - Brrrrrr

23:00 - Clitachasm goes on sale. I am driving :P

23:10 - Arrive at Shopping Centre and see a couple of people with game bags walking towards car park

23:15 - Arrive at Game, walk straight to the desk and am served imediatley. However large the queue was it was dealt with in 15 minutes :P

23:20 - Am heading back out to the car with a large bag containing a collectors edition, 2 standard editions and a Brady's Game Guide.

23:40 - Arrive home. Do I immediately install Clitachasm? No I then spend half an hour or so chatting with guildies.

01:00 - Finally installed Clit and do I get HolyWarrior started on quests? No, I go level EvilBastards enchanting a bit first! Then I go train archeology and finally move HW up to VagLand.

01:10 - After experiencing the cut scene and HW is taken inside the boat he can't hand in the starter quest. The ? is still grey. It is the same for everyone standing around. I put in a ticket and log off for the night.

... to be continued

No comments: