Tuesday 14 August 2018

Update on Collectors Edition Update to Standard Account

So, as I updated in my previous post, I didn't truly believe the first GM and put in several more tickets to get an honest to god definite answer which I could screenshot as evidence if it went wrong and I lost £39.99 when applying my Collectors edition key.

TL;DR

1. I didn't get a definitive answer to my original question. Grrrrr!

2. I lost $39.99 when I applied the collectors edition key.Grrr Grrr!

3. I put in a web chat ticket and got a SE key once the GM had checked I used both on the same account. Hurrah!

4. Well the original GM was wrong on two counts. I got a bonus. But as I'm a litte bit paranoid (possibly due to the use of some herbs with dubious legality issues whilst I was at Uni :O) I'm not going to explicitly state here. Needless to say it was an unintended bonus and it's a definite win for me. I guess it's compensation for the emotional turmoil this put me through! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Anyway, so I'm in no rush on launch day to go pick up my collectors edition as I already had the pre-purchase and was 8 whole bars into level 110!

I logged onto Marcus and did a dungeon run. I registered as holy so only had to wait 7 mins.

When that was over I realised that the Darkshore WQs were still active so got as many of my alts through them and the intro quests before they either a) expired or b) Bliztards realised they'd forgotten to turn them off.

Then I logged onto the mage and got him over to Kul Tiras and did a bit of mining before finally heading out to taking one of the kids' friends to the train station and pick up my collectors edition.

The drive home was filled with trepidation. Would the pre-purchase key or price be refunded. If not then the eldest lad wasn't going to be playing BeefAss anytime soon.

I arrive home and rip open the packaging and apply the code; and my Blizzard Balance ...

... did NOT go up. ARGGG!!!

So I refresh the screen, nowt.

Log out and back in again. NADA.

I try and apply the original pre-purchase key to the second account, Nope: Key already used!!

Nothing for it I guess but to raise a ticket. On Release Day. Like I'm going to get a response anytime soon!

Which channel do I want to use: Phone (long wait). Web Ticket (longer wait). Hang on, what's this? Web Chat - 8 minute wait! I'll give that a poop then.

So after around 8 minutes Velranus the GM pops on and says he's just going to aquaint himself with the ticket and after about 10 minutes (enough time for a fag and boil the kettle for a coffee?) he's back.

He explains, as you can see above, that the balance would only be applied to digital version bought
 through the Blizzard Store(TM).

Well, I gathered that from the poorly worded blog post Blizztards put a out about it and prompted me to keep on asking about this to get a definitive answer. They couldn't credit the amount spent with a third party store ... BUT they could replace the Standard Edition key that I overwrote... [LONG SIGH OF RELIEF]

So after a little more banter I ask my usual question about GM Island. No joy this time either :D


No comments: